The Regulation of the Ministry of Environment on assessing land contamination, defines the way of identification of such a land. If on the site of the planned construction, industrial activity was ever carried out, the owner of the site is obliged to study the surface of the earth.
Preliminary tests are strictly defined by the abovementioned regulation and consists of four stages - historical analysis of the area (in this case, analysis of industrial activity and preferably also activities carried out in adjacent areas), determining the list of risk causing substances from the regulation and optional extension if there is a risk that other substances may be present, analysis of available geological and environmental materials as well as planning and conducting preliminary tests.
Assuming that during the preliminary tests, the area the contamination was identified, go to the detailed research stage.
Detailed research is not so strictly defined by the regulation, therefore it requires knowledge and experience from the investigator.
Detailed research includes:
- determining the scheme of the location of sampling points to determine the extent of pollution,
- determining the depth of sampling so that they are taken below the expected depth of contamination,
- taking samples in accordance with the above arrangements,
- conducting a water permeability test for samples from a depth of> 0.25 m and testing the content of chemical substances, the occurrence of which has been confirmed
- comparison of results with acceptable contents analogous to preliminary tests
- preparation of documentation from detailed research.
What should the investor ordering detailed research pay attention to? co przedsiębiorca zlecający badania szczegółowe powinien zwrócić uwagę?
First of all, it's:
- all offered tests are performed by accredited laboratories,
- whether the number of points is not too small to determine the surface range and depth of contamination (its precise determination later influences the cost of possible remediation),
- will it be possible to use the tests in the remediation plan (it is best to immediately agree with the company performing the plan, or will it need additional information, eg water testing).
Detailed research is of particular importance for the owner of the site, because it allows to determine the real scale of the land pollution and the need for remediation.